from Kidspot Kitchen
Mars Bar Christmas Crackles
Ingredients200g Mars Bars, chopped
2 tbsp of thin cream
2 tsp cocoa powder, sifted
3 cups Rice Bubbles
100g white chocolate
24 red Smarties or M&M's
- Spray a little canola spray into 2 x 12 cup mini-muffin trays.
- Melt the Mars Bars, cream and cocoa in a glass bowl over simmering water. The bowl should not touch water. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Put the Rice Bubbles in a separate large bowl, pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffins tray and press down gently.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and turn out onto a tray to decorate.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave checking and stirring it at 30 second intervals. Pour it into a piping bag while warm and snip the tip off.
- Turn the crackles upside down and pipe the chocolate on. Finish with a red Smartie/m&m on top of each one.
I made these today (7 Dec) and I have 2 comments
1) Sticky little suckers and very sweet.
2) Make sure that you ACTUALLY have white chocolate in the house, don't just assume that you do! Gah!