I had no clue as to what to do for dinner last night, so I did a "this looks like it might be a good combo" deal and made my own Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup.
Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup (serves 4-6)
1 can corn kernels (salt reduced)
1 can creamed corn
1 brown onion, diced
1 spring onion, sliced - into rings
2 OXO chicken stock cubes
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1. Dice brown onion and fry off until translucent. Then take off the heat.
2. Cut chicken lengthways (horizontal) then vertically across the breast so that ou end up with thin stips of chicken.
3. Put onions back on heat and add chicken to seal.
4. Add creamed corn and corn kernels to saucepan.
5. Boil kettle. Add a crumbled stock cube into each remaining can of corn. top up the can with boiled water and stir - ensuring stock cube is dissolved. Then add stock to saucepan.
6. Add in soy sauce and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile slice spring onions.
7. Taste. Add more soy if required, or salt and pepper to taste. Add in spring onions.