|We used plain old Broccoli for this photographed. It was also a tad overcooked (thanks hubby!) so was mushy.|
DON'T overcook it!
400g Rigatoni (ridged tube shaped pasta)
2 bunches of Broccolini (400g), trimmed and sliced
1/4 cup olive oil (good quality)
4-6 rashers of bacon, remove rind, chopped.
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon of lemon zest (or zest of one lemon)
1/2 cup of finely grated parmesan (I use Romano instead). Get proper parmesan from a deli.
* Place large saucepan of salted water on to boil. Once rolling boil is achieved, add pasta.
* 1 minutes before pasta is cooked (refer to the packet you bought), add the Broccolini. Cook for further one minute. Drain and keep warm - in the large saucepan.
* Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in frypan. Add bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
* Add garlic and lemon zest and cook for one minute or until fragrant.
* Add to pasta and stir through, adding remaining oil and sea salt to taste.
* Add parmesan andtoss to combine.