I made Goji Berry Chocolate, Cacao Nib Chocolate, Chilli Chocolate and Chocolate Truffles.
The first 3 I used the recipe in previous post. For Goji I added a handful, same with the nibs, with the chilli I added a dash of Cayenne. Exterior they all looked the same, so I only took photos of the Cayenne Chocolates, which looked like this below...
I also had a bash at making truffles for the first time. Firstly, you make the plain raw chocolate mix and let it set.
225g Dark Chocolate, chopped
110g Thickened Cream
30g Cacao Butter
* Put chocolate into a glass (heat tempered) bowl.
* Heat the cream and butter in a saucepan until scalding (be careful not to burn it!).
* Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
* Put the mix in the fridge to set for 2-3hrs.
* Once set, use a teaspoon to scoop and hand form into balls (about an inch wide). Work fast as it will melt quickly. You will end up with chocolate covered hands regardless.
* Roll the truffles in whatever coating you like. Above I have used shredded coconut, hundreds & thousands and cacao powder.
NB: if you decide to dip them in melted chocolate for a harder coating, put them back into the fridge to harden back up befor dipping. Use a skewer to impale a ball, dip into melted chocolate, and place onto greasproof paper lined tray until set.
You could even dip straight from melted chocolate into crushed nuts to make your own ferrero roche style truffle. Or you could set it in chocolate in the fridge and then drizzle melted chocolate over them. Whatever you can think of really!
Further note: If you want to add any flavouring to the balls, ad it to the cream mix BEFORE you add it to the chocolate. Things like Cointreau, Kahlua, Brandy, Peppermint etc.